Monday, June 30, 2008

Feeling Human Again!

Stealing a line from Beauty and the Beast, I finally feel human again! It was really tough getting over the jet lag this direction. I'm glad it wasn't this bad for the trip. My flight home was a bit uneventful. We were in economy plus which gave us more leg room. That made the flight so much better than the flight to Japan! When I got to Chicago it was time to say goodbye to everyone. We were heading to different gates and different terminals. Most of us just had enough time to go through customs and get to our gate before the next flight started loading. My flight was delayed of course. Then they started to call for people to give up their seats because the flight was oversold. I have always wanted this to happen so I could get a free flight somewhere. At first I thought, no, because I just wanted to get home and the bus would take longer. The lure of a free flight was too much though. The funny thing is that the plane was so late that the people on the plane and the people on the bus got to the baggage claim at the same time. Then, many of our bags weren't there. Somehow, even though the flight was late, our bags didn't make it! My bag with souvenirs made it, but my clothes were still in Chicago.The bag was delivered by 8:40 the next morning. It was all good. Now I'm trying to clear up the debris in my house that I left as I prepared for the trip. I'm getting laundry done, and then I'll tackle the lawn. I even planted flowers yesterday. I guess I'd better think about the triathlon I'm supposed to do the running/walking leg for. Hmmmm. That's it for now. I figured I should at least let you know that I'm home safe and sound.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, Anne, it's good to read that you got some flowers planted! We're thinking that we could go to Honada's either Saturday or Sunday, or next week sometime. We're going to have a little family gathering on the 4th. Heather will turn 17. I'm thinking you might rather go to Honada's during the week as opposed to a weekend. Heather has a pretty busy schedule at the Studio during the week, but I'm sure we can work something out. We look forward to seeing you!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you got home safely, and that you're slowly getting back into the swing of things. My only question now is, what are you going to do with your free ticket??? :)