Wednesday, June 11, 2008

June 11, 2008






We spent the day touring the National Diet Building which is like our Capitol. We weren't allowed to take photos, but I have a good brochure. Just like here, there were many school groups touring, and the children all waved and said, "Hi". Then we went for lunch in Asakusa. It was wonderful tempura, miso soup, and of course rice. Then we were free to look at the shops before we met at the incense burner in front of the Senso-ji Temple. We returned to the hotel in Tokyo to enjoy a traditional Japanese theater presentation of Kyogen. We have a short break now before our official welcome dinner, so I'm checking email and trying to upload some pictures. I can send from my school email, but not from my home email. I'm still trying to figure it out.

No comments: