Sunday, June 15, 2008

June 15, 2008

Today was a travel day. Everyone headed for their prefectures. We'll go there tomorrow, but they took us out of our ultra lush accommodations and sent us to Asakusa. We were here the other day for lunch, so many of us had ideas of places we wanted to see again. There is an amusement park smack dab in the middle of the city. I walked with Paul from Maine. We ran into a street performance and the actors were taking pictures with people. I also saw the shave ice sign many times (thanks for the heads up Jill). I got another bad fortune, actually two, so I think my fate is sealed. I gave 300 yen to the gods and they didn't come through. In the pictures I'm getting my fortune

and then tying it to the post so my bad luck stays there!


We're heading out shortly to get some dinner. Tomorrow we go to Tokyo University which is the most prestigious university in the country.

No comments: