Monday, June 9, 2008

Sunday, June 8, 2008



Well it was an interesting start today. My dad picked me up and we were on the road at 3:30 AM. We had severe storms that caused wide spread flooding in Milwaukee, so we had to change our route. I was at the airport by 4. I’m glad I was early, because my flight was cancelled. I had to get rebooked out of Chicago. So, we boarded the United shuttle and headed south. The good news is that they only had room in First Class! This will probably be my one and only experience. Then, when I got to the airport security, they pulled me aside for “special screening”. Maybe I was smiling too much! Actually they told me it was because of the cancelled flight. So, I went through my own private lane and didn’t have to wait in line at all. They did have to pat me down, but for a first class seat and no waiting in security I’m OK with it!

I wandered over to the terminal where about 30 other JFMFers are waiting for a 9:00 flight. It was nice to meet them, but since they where going to board earlier, I wandered to my gate to read and do some blogging. This is going to be a long day. Maybe I will actually sleep on the way to Tokyo!

After some meetings and hearing from JFMF alum we headed off to dinner. I had several types of sushi and some sashimi as well as lots of other delicious food. I took pictures, but I'll have to load them next time I'm on. Of course, I left my camera in the room, so I don't have it right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that must have been a tense morning! I was hoping your family and house were okay ... I didn't even think about your flight! Heh, so was that the first class breakfast? I didn't know they served food on planes in the U.S. any more. I guess you hid the mimosa ... ;) Well, it sounds like you're off to an exciting start! This is definitely going to be an adventure to remember ... I can't wait to read more about it!